For convenience purposes, nothing can be better than an electric shaver that gives seamless and splendid shave within minutes. There is no hassle, much like that in conventional shaving. If you are interested in buying one, you should know that electric shavers are available in two prime types:
- Rotary Electric Shaver
- Foil Electric Shaver
Here is a complete run-down of both the kinds of shavers and their respective pros and cons. The contrast will vary on the shaving techniques, personal preferences, and quality of shavers.
Popular Types of Electric Shavers: Things to Know
1. Rotary Electric Shaver
The profile of the rotary shaver is bulky and fat. It usually has three to four rotating heads. There are sharp yet smooth ends of the blade that give a seamless shaving experience.
The rotary shaver is best suitable for all the guys with a thick and fast-growing beard that grows in different directions. In short, the unmanaged beard needs a rotary electric shaver to be treated. The shaver gives you a reason to shave every day.
So, it works by cutting the hair away from the face as the hair is cut inside one of the rotating components. Ideally, any buyers would want to buy a product with a flexible head so that the shaver can reach all the nooks and corners of the face and trim properly.
You are recommended to move the rotary shaver in a circular motion on the face. Since this is for the rigid beard, you might have to use it twice or thrice on the most rigid spots to completely clear the board. But otherwise, it is quite performance-oriented.
- Most suitable for thick and fast-growing bush-like facial hair in different directions.
- The product is likely for men that don’t like shaving every day.
- It comes with a flexible head and reaches all the nooks and corners of the face.
- Solid in performance and very handy shavers.
- If you have sensitive skin then you might feel some irritation on the face after the shave. Circular motion is recommended for the rotary shaver so if you are getting irritation from the shaver then you should apply less pressure on the face while shaving.
- This model is not suitable for men that want precise shaving.
There are various models available in rotary electric shavers that you can find online.
2. Foil Electric Shavers
The design of this type is done very thoughtfully and innovatively. There is a thin layer of foil that covers the oscillating blades. There are two purposes for the inclusiveness of foil on the top. The first is that it helps in lifting the hair up as you shave. This way, you can expect precise shaving, neat, and clear.
The second reason is to limit the contact of a blade on the skin. This way, these shavers are considered as a kinder substitute to its counterpart. It hardly causes any irritation on the skin.
The foil electric shavers also have either three or four blades. Clearly, the four-blade shaver is more efficient than the three-blade shaver and will perform better and faster.
You don’t have to use it in a circular form and simply trim the beard in straight lines on the face. This is the better shaver and many people find it more effective.
- Close shave, more precise in nature.
- Secure and kind to the skin, does not cause any harm.
- The only substitute for precise shaving.
- Not suitable for the people that have a habit of using the shavers in a circular direction. It has to work in straight lines. If you move it in a circular direction then the shave will not be as satisfactory.
- The foil shavers are not very flexible. If you have an angular face then you might find it difficult to glide it over the angles. This way, the shave will not be as effective as you might have thought.
Rotary vs Foil – Which is best electric shaver for you?
Both the shavers are largely different from each other. If one is suitable for a thick and rigid beard then the second one is suitable for precise shaving. Buyers can make a suitable purchase on whatever their requirements are. There are plenty of options available on the market that you can consider buying in both types. Try the fine choices and make a suitable purchase.
Tags: rotary or foil shaver for men, rotary or foil shaver for head, rotary electric shaver, foil electric shaver, types of electric razors.